A Warm Welcome From The Federation Headteacher
Welcome to our web pages for St John's and St Chrysostom's Church of England Primary Schools, Manchester.
Two schools with one Christian vision to provide the very best educational experience to prepare our children to engage with their local communities, for secondary education and discover the self belief of independent learners. The two schools have excellent standards of behaviour, value faith and the development of the whole child.
We love to learn!
Since 2017 we have been developing our curriculum to ensure that we have relevant skills and knowledge being taught to our children so that they will be well prepared for life. We work hard to plan regular parent events to ensure parents and carers are involved in the life of the school. Parents are invited to 'stay and play' each week when their child starts school in reception class.
Both schools serve a diverse catchment and have a wonderful mix of children and staff from the Greater Manchester area. We have places in classes (including Nursery and reception) for 2022. If you are a parent and would like to arrange a visit please contact the school office. I look forward to meeting you.
G. F. Elswood
"Putting Children First"
The Governors and pupils are looking to appoint a Head of School at St John’s Primary School who will promote and support the vision and direction of the school by providing the day-to-day professional leadership that enables us to maintain high quality education for its pupils. The Governors are looking for a person prepared to promote the ethos and values of a Church of England School.
St. John’s school is part of a federation with St. Chrysostom’s Primary School under the direction of an Executive Headteacher, two Heads of Schools and a Strategic Governance Body.
We welcome applications from someone who has:
* A strong commitment to the wellbeing and flourishing of all pupils
* A passion and insight for working in an inner-city area, working with children from diverse backgrounds
* A strong commitment to raising achievement for all pupils;
* Proven leadership and management experience and interpersonal skills;
* The ability to develop and inspire others by their own professional standards, teaching and expectations;
* Drive, energy and passion to lead our school in a warm and caring manner;
* The willingness and dedication to maintaining a Christian ethos whatever your faith background.
In return we offer you:
* A vibrant, multicultural school where all cultures and backgrounds are valued;
* Enthusiastic and energetic children who are kind, well behaved and eager to learn;
* A welcoming atmosphere where all children matter and everyone counts;
* A skilled and dedicated team of hard-working staff committed to the children;
* An active and supportive Governing Body committed to the success of St. John Chrysostom Federation;
* Strong, supportive links with the church;
* Support and professional development to be successful.
The Head of School will be based at St. John’s school but works for the federation and is responsible to the Executive Head and the Governing Body.
A visit to the school is encouraged and warmly welcomed prior to the 1st February 2022. Please contact Anne Burke to arrange a suitable date and time.
Please contact Mrs Anne Burke at the school on 0161 224 7752 to make arrangements to visit the school or to arrange an informal chat about the role with the Executive Headteacher, Gareth Elswood.