Year 5/ 6 Home Learning
We are currently preparing work packs for the children to use at home in the event of a school closure, but our teachers will also set tasks for the children to complete on the pupil login option of our school website in the top right corner.
The school website allows the teacher to communicate with your child regularly.
Below we have also created a list of websites should your child want to access educational, interactive games.
- Timestables rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school
- Aritmetic https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- General: https://www.mathshed.com/ free 14 day trial
- Problem solving: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/problem-solving
- Reasoning: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/maths/
- General: https://www.coolmathgames.com/
- Time: https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116/telling-the-time
- READ, READ AND READ! You could share a story together. This could be a chapter book where you read and discuss a chapter a day.
- Get your child to read a book on Oxford Owl, discuss what your child enjoyed about the book. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Get your child to read a book on Active learn and complete the activities. These focus on comprehension skills https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Practise the Year 3/4 for Common Exception words: http://www.crosslee.manchester.sch.uk/serve_file/253974
- Practsise your spelling on : https://www.spellingshed.com/
- Take part in a writing masterclass: https://authorfy.com/https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html grade 2
- Spelling: https://spellingframe.co.uk/
- SpellFix Years 3-6 free app on phone/IPad
Home Learning Activity Packs
- Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Additional Educational Websites to Explore
English as Additional Language support