Year 5/ 6 Home Learning
We are currently preparing work packs for the children to use at home in the event of a school closure, but our teachers will also set tasks for the children to complete on a learning platform called Seesaw which all children have log in details for and can access from home. We have spent time with the children testing this approach.
Click the website below to access this learning platform:
The app allows the teacher to mark and communicate with your child throughout the day.
Below are a copy of the Learning Projects to be completed. The children should complete some work on these each day and upload completed work onto Seesaw.
Below we have also created a list of websites should your child want to access educational, interactive games.
- Timestables rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school
- Aritmetic https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- General: https://www.mathshed.com/ free 14 day trial
- Problem solving: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/problem-solving
- Reasoning: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/maths/
- General: https://www.coolmathgames.com/
- Time: https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116/telling-the-time
- READ, READ AND READ! You could share a story together. This could be a chapter book where you read and discuss a chapter a day.
- Get your child to read a book on Oxford Owl, discuss what your child enjoyed about the book. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Get your child to read a book on Active learn and complete the activities. These focus on comprehension skills https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Practise the Year 3/4 for Common Exception words: http://www.crosslee.manchester.sch.uk/serve_file/253974
- Practsise your spelling on : https://www.spellingshed.com/
- Take part in a writing masterclass: https://authorfy.com/https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html grade 2
- Spelling: https://spellingframe.co.uk/
- SpellFix Years 3-6 free app on phone/IPad
Home Learning Activity Packs
- Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Additional Educational Websites to Explore
English as Additional Language support